Friday, January 16, 2015

If You Are Faithful In Little Things, You Will Be Faithful In Large Ones.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

If You Are Faithful
In Little Things,
You Will Be Faithful In Large Ones. 


Dr. Waylon B. Moore, pastor Bruce Moore’s Dad taught me the lesson of this verse in a way that changed my life... True story!



Scripture

Luke 16

10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones.

Observation

Dr. Waylon B. Moore, pastor Bruce Moore’s Dad taught me the lesson of this verse in a way that changed my life.

Dr. Moore was my pastor and Kathy and I were newly married way back in the early 1970’s. My commitment to spiritual things, let’s just say, was not where it should have been.

He asked me to ride on a bus and help bring people children and adults to church. I told him that I would ride on the bus that Sunday. But when I woke up on that Sunday morning it was raining in Land O’ Lakes where Kathy and I were living so instead of going to church I decided to sleep in. I got a phone call that morning from guess who? That’s right … Dr. Waylon B. Moore and he asked in a very strong powerful voice why I wasn’t at church to ride the bus. To which I replied, “It is raining and I decided not to come.”

What he said next forever changed the way I viewed spiritual commitments. He said, “Well it is not raining here and you said that you would be here. The kids were depending on you and I expect you to keep your word.”

The next Sunday I was on that bus. I then later became Director of our entire bus ministry. We had over 50 people involved in this ministry and we averaged bringing in about 300 children and adults to church every Sunday. Our largest Sunday was 440 on our buses.

I owe my entire ministry to Dr. Waylon B. Moore. He held me accountable to the small commitment I made to be on that bus one rainy Sunday morning!


Application

I will strive to be faithful in the small things.  How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how much I would like to be able to do in ministry. There is so much that I would like to see happen. But I know my limitations so help me to be faithful in the small things that I am able to do today. I don’t want to let You down. I want to finish well. So I pray for strength today to accomplish what is most important for me to do today. Thank You for allowing me to experience all that Kathy and I have experienced. Thank You for the godly men You placed in my life. Thank You for bringing Bro. Moore into our lives at just the right time. You are an awesome God.

Daily Bible Reading Genesis 39,40,41; Luke 16; Psalm 78-82

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: