Friday, January 09, 2015

Stop Your Fighting – And Know That I Am God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Stop Your Fighting –
And
Know That I Am God

Do you want to know the secret to a having a great marriage?

Scripture

Psalm 46

10 “Stop your fighting—and know that I am God,
exalted among the nations, exalted on the earth.” (Holman - HCSB)


Observation

So many couples seem to be fighting 24/7 and they don’t want to or they don’t know how to turn to God. If they would just turn their lives over to the Lord and seek His face they could live blessed lives. They could enjoy each other!

It makes me so sad that they just won’t give God a chance. Marriage is God’s idea and it won’t work like it should if you leave God out.

So to all of the couples that might be reading this I say, “Stop your fighting – and know that He is God.”

Kathy and I had the awesome privilege to place our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ about one year after we got married. Our marriage would not have lasted very long if our relationship with Christ had not become the most important thing in our lives.

We owe it all to a man named Charles and his wife Patsy who wanted us to know Jesus. They invited us to their Bible study and our lives were transformed.

I love Kathy today more than I ever have. She is the love of my life. I wish the couples that I am thinking about right now would just be able to experience love like God intended for them to experience. Love like Kathy and I have for each other.

So …

Stop your fighting and turn your lives over to God. Put Him first and you will have the opportunity to have the marriage that God wants you to have!


Application

I will continue to urge couples to put God first in their lives. How about you? Do you need to put Him first?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, so many couples are fighting. So many people need to realize the answer to a great marriage and the answer to having a great relationship is Jesus. I pray for healing. I pray for those in relationships where there is no joy and only strife. I pray for changed hearts.


Daily Bible Reading Genesis 23,24; Luke 9; Psalm 42-46

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: