Wednesday, January 21, 2015

She Out Of Her Poverty Put In All She Had To Live On.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

She Out Of Her Poverty
Put In All
She Had To Live On.

Have you thought much about this story? 

Scripture

Luke 21

21 As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Observation

He saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins! Jesus watched a widow put in all the money she had into the offering.

She didn’t have to do that! A tithe is 10% of what she would have made, but she put in 100% of everything she had to live on. When she walked home she had nothing to live on! She had given everything!

I wonder what ever happened to that widow? I don’t know what happened to her, but I do know this, my God blessed her. I know that my God took very good care of her. How do I know? Here is why!


    If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving—large or small—it will be used to measure what is given back to you."  Luke 6:38


    Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the Lord Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you!  Malachi 3:10

The widow gave way more than a tithe. A tithe would have been doing only what was required and she gave everything. Now if God blesses so generously those that give a tithe what do you think He does for folks that give everything!

Application

I will look for ways to be more generous because I know that my God is watching and I know that it pleases Him!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, the widow in this story made You smile. Help me to do the same. Don’t let me be stingy. None of what I have is my own. Show me how to be generous today.


Daily Bible Reading Exodus 1,2; Psalms 88; Luke 21; Psalm 103-107

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: