Thursday, January 08, 2015

Where Is Your Faith?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Where
Is
Your Faith?

Going through a storm? 

Scripture

 Luke 8

Jesus settled down for a nap. But soon a fierce storm came down on the lake. The boat was filling with water, and they were in real danger. 24 The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, 

“Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”

When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and the raging waves. Suddenly the storm stopped and all was calm. 25 Then he asked them, “Where is your faith?”

The disciples were terrified and amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!”

Observation

In 2015 you and I will go through some storms. Life is full of storms. How you and I handle those storms when they come will depend on our relationship with the One who can bring peace in the midst of the storm.

Remember these verses?

John 16:33
    I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Philippians 4:6-7
    Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Application

I will trust in Jesus during the storms that come my way in 2015. How about you?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, You say in Your Word:

    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. [6] Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6


    Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. Ephesians 3:20

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.
He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings. Psalm 91:1-4


So I know that I can trust in You know matter what comes my way. Amen. 

Daily Bible Reading Genesis 20,21,22; Luke 8; Psalms 36-41

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: