Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Christ Jesus Came Into The World To Save Sinners’ – And I Am The Worst Of Them All.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Christ Jesus Came Into The World
To Save Sinners’ –
And I Am The Worst Of Them All.

I had the opportunity over the weekend to go to breakfast with a great group of guys that I went to Hillsborough High School with! It was an honor to be with them. 

These guys knew me before I yielded my life to Jesus Christ. What I remember about my life in high school and what they probably remembered about me totally fits Paul’s saying about himself when he said, “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” – and I am the worst of them all. I hope after being with the guys this Saturday they can also realize that if God can change Eddy Williams then God and change and transform anybody, including them. 

.

Scripture

.

1 Timothy 1

15 This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: 

“Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all.
 
16 But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life.



Observation



I had the opportunity over the weekend to go to breakfast with a great group of guys that I went to Hillsborough High School with! It was an honor to be with them.

These guys knew me before I yielded my life to Jesus Christ. What I remember about my life in high school and what they probably remembered about me totally fits Paul’s saying about himself when he said, “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” – and I am the worst of them all.

I hope after being with the guys this Saturday they can also realize that if God can change Eddy Williams then God and change and transform anybody, including them.

It is not good people that go to Heaven and it is not bad people that go to Hell. It is forgiven people that go to Heaven. It is un-forgiven people that go to Hell.

No matter what you and I have done in our past. No matter how bad or rotten we are now or were, God can save us and change us.

What changed my life a year after graduating from high school was being introduced to the Good News of Jesus Christ. At 19 years of age I heard the Good News that God loved sinners. Someone shared with me that I needed to change the direction of my life of sin and selfish living and turn to God. He shared that I needed to surrender my life to Jesus Christ. It made sense to me.

I can remember the emptiness in my life back then even though I was trying to fill it with all kinds of stuff.  It is true, what I have heard people say, “that there is a void, and empty spot in our lives that only God can fill”.

I remember praying and asking Jesus Christ to forgive me of my sins. I asked Him to be Lord of my life and that was 45 years ago.

I don’t have to tell you that I am not perfect. Kathy, my children, and those closest to me can tell you that I am still a sinner. I am saved by God’s grace. God loves me. He has my back. God is on my side. He has given me what I don’t deserve. I have a personal relationship with Him and He has given me Eternal Life.

So what will it take for you to become like me – a sinner saved by God’s grace?

Talk to God.

Let God know that you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you. Today change the direction of your life and ask God to forgive you of your sins. Ask Him to save you. Ask God to give you Eternal Life. 

Then let me and others know about your decision and get yourself into a church where you can grow in your new faith!

I would love for you to sit with Kathy and I in the 10 am worship service at Christ Fellowship Church this Sunday!

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. 13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:8-10,13



Application

I am praying for all of my high school buddies right now. 


Prayer


Heavenly Father, I don’t deserve Your mercy and Your grace. I am a sinner. It hurts me to look back and think about the things that I have done. I am so glad that I am forgiven of those horrible things. You have forgiven all of my sins and Your Word says that my sins are forgiven as far as the East is from the West. (Psalm 103:12)

I pray for my high school friends. I pray that each one of them would have the opportunity and have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep Your love is. (Ephesians 3:18)


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Timothy 1,2,3,4



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: