Saturday, December 19, 2015

This Is The Only Work God Wants From You. Believe In The One He Has Sent.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

This Is The Only Work
God Wants From You.
Believe In The One He Has Sent.

It is during the Christmas Season that we can catch a glimpse, maybe even a small taste of what Heaven is like! Christmas is all about believing!  Have you realized that the Jesus we celebrate at Christmas loved you enough to die for you?

Scripture

John 6

29 Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”
35 Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

40 For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day.”

Observation

Christmas is all about believing! Believing in the One that God sent from Heaven to save us from our sins.

Jesus lost a lot of His disciples after what He shared with them in John chapter 6.

47 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. 48 Yes, I am the bread of life! 66 At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him. John 6

Who is this Jesus to you?

Have you realized that the Jesus we celebrate at Christmas loved you enough to die for you?

His twelve disciples realized it, ““Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. 69 We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God. John 6

For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. 1 Peter 1:18a

I (Jesus) came that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10b

Application

I will share the message of Christmas every chance I get. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize this morning that Christmas is also a time of sadness for many people. Even though it is a time of great joy I also know that it is a time of sadness for those who have lost loved ones. I pray today for Chris Bush and his family as they deal with the loss of his Dad, Archie. We know that Archie is celebrating today and it is only us that feel the loss. It is because of your great promises that we do not grieve like those who are without hope. Our hope is in You.

Daily Bible Reading:  John 5,6; Psalm 19; Proverbs 19



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: