Wednesday, December 30, 2015

There Are Three Things That Amaze Me – No, Four Things That I Don’t Understand


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

There Are Three Things That Amaze Me –
No, Four Things
That I Don’t Understand

I started dating Kathy in the fall way back in 1968 during our senior high of high school. I think it was after the second or third date that I knew that I wanted to be with her forever. I fell madly in love with her after or maybe even during our first date! I agree with the writer of Proverbs that love between a man and a woman is amazing! Kathy describes those early days of our relationship a little bit differently, she says, “We were madly in lust with each other!”


Scripture

Proverbs 30

18 There are three things that amaze me—
    no, four things that I don’t understand:


19 how an eagle glides through the sky,
    how a snake slithers on a rock,
    how a ship navigates the ocean,
    how a man loves a woman.



Observation


I started dating Kathy in the fall way back in 1968 during our senior high of high school. I think it was after the second or third date that I knew that I wanted to be with her forever. I fell madly in love with her after or maybe even during our first date!

I agree with the writer of Proverbs that love between a man and a woman is amazing!

Kathy describes those early days of our relationship a little bit differently, she says, “We were madly in lust with each other!”

We were married one year and one month after we started dating … at the young age of 18.

Her charm and her beauty and whatever she saw in me, attracted us together but we quickly learned in our first year of marriage that those things were not enough to keep our marriage and our love for each other going in the right direction.

At 19 years old, one year after we got married, Kathy and I fell in love with Jesus Christ and we began to put Him first in our lives and in our marriage. Jesus Christ became the most important Person in our lives and not each other.

It was then and only then that I truly learned how to love Kathy the way God intended for a man to love a woman. A love for her that is so amazing.

When I look at her today I still have those feelings; those feelings just like I had when I began dating her in the fall of 1968. When she walks into the room everything still changes!

She is the love of my life. She is more amazing now than she was even then.

We watch so many couples struggling in their relationship with each other. When they open up and give us a chance to talk with them we share with them the reason why our marriage is what it is today.

Here is what we share:

Jesus Christ must have first place in your life.  Your spouse or significant other must have second place in your life and everything and everyone else must come after that. Then and only then will your love for each other be truly “amazing”.


Application


I will enjoy my wife today and I will let her know how much I love her.

Prayer


Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing us the opportunity to have a personal relationship with You. I love Kathy more today than I ever have. She is so amazing. She is the greatest gift that You have ever given me next to my relationship with You. Thank You for giving me the ability to love her like Christ loves the church and like Christ loves me. Don’t let me be selfish. Give me the ability to love her and love others with Your unselfish love. I pray for my children that they may know how to love others in this same way. Help them to put You first and others second. Help them grow in their relationship with You and in their relationship with others. Give them what Kathy and I have experienced. Don’t let them miss the “amazing”.


Daily Bible Reading:  Revelation 15,16,17,18; Psalm 30; Proverbs 30




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: