Monday, December 14, 2015

For Our Earthly Fathers Disciplined Us For A Few Years, Doing The Best They Knew How.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For Our Earthly Fathers
Disciplined Us For A Few Years,
Doing The Best They Knew How.


 

Scripture

Hebrews 12

10 For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness. 11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful!

Observation

 If I had the opportunity, which I don’t, but if I did have the opportunity I would go back and discipline my children differently. I would have definitely hugged them more and spanked them less! (I would have still spanked!)

I think that looking back on the whole discipline thing I think that it would have been great for them if I could have loved them as a grandfather loves his grandchildren.

But you and I can’t go back for a do over! It is what it is!

My grown children now have the opportunity to realize that their Dad did the best he knew how.

Most of my children are now parents and I believe that they are realizing that being a parent and being a good spouse is no easy job!

I can’t go back and relive my life, as much as I would like to go back and change a lot of my mess-ups, I can’t. But I can live life today in a way that helps my grown children and my grandchildren live abundant and meaningful Christian lives.

Application

My main goal for the rest of my life is to be an example to my children and my grandchildren. I want them when they think of their Dad or when my grandchildren think of their “Grandpa” I want them to think of someone that reminds them of Jesus.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, nobody knows me like You do. You know my shortcomings. You see more of my shortcomings than I even do and yet You still love me. I look at my grown children and how difficult life is for them and I know that as an earthly father I could have done a lot better job preparing them for life’s challenges. Help me to never give up on trying to help them walk closer to You. I pray for them. I want them to experience all that Kathy and I enjoy in our relationship with You.
Show them that they can totally trust in You.

I pray for my grandchildren. Help each one of them to know You as Savior and as Lord. Guide and direct them. Help them to grow up with the spiritual knowledge, with the wisdom and with the understanding that only comes with a personal relationship with You. Thank You for my five children and my ten grandchildren. They are all our special gifts from You.

Daily Bible Reading:  Hebrews 12,13; Jude



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: