Saturday, December 26, 2015

Your Word Is A Lamp To Guide My Feet And A Light For My Path


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Your Word
Is A Lamp To Guide My Feet
And A Light For My Path

How often do we read God’s Word? Everyday? Just when we go to church? We live in an age where it has never been easier to read or listen to God’s Word. You and I can read or listen to God’s Word on our smart phone, I Pad, tablet, computer, radio, or just pick up our Bible and turn real pages! You and I have absolutely no excuse. Want 2016 to be the very best year of your life? Then make a commitment right now to read God’s Word every single day of 2016.

Scripture

Psalm 119

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
    and a light for my path.


Observation

How often do we read God’s Word? Everyday? Just when we go to church?

We live in an age where it has never been easier to read or listen to God’s Word. You and I can read or listen to God’s Word on our smart phone, I Pad, tablet, computer, radio, or just pick up our Bible and turn real pages!
                       
You and I have absolutely no excuse.

In 2016 God’s Word can radically transform your life. It can radically change my life. But we have to read God’s Word on a regular basis for it to guide and direct our lives.

Look back on 2015 and think about how much time you spent in God’s Word. How did that work out for you?

Want 2016 to be the very best year of your life?

Then make a commitment right now to read God’s Word every single day of 2016.

Ask someone to hold you accountable.

And I would encourage you to find a reading plan to follow and then stick to it.

If you have a Bible reading plan for next year why don’t you share it in the comment section and maybe it will be an encouragement for someone else.
Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. Joshua 1:8 NLT


Application

I will read the entire Bible through during 2016 and the New Testament twice. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love Your Word. Help me to read and study and enjoy Your Word everyday. Don’t let me be lazy. Don’t let me get sidetracked or distracted from spending time in Your Word. I pray for my friends that may be reading this blog. Help them to make commitments to read the Bible everyday and help them keep their commitment so they can prosper. Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.


Daily Bible Reading:  Psalm 117; Psalm 119:81-176; 2 John 1; 3 John 1; Psalm 26; Proverbs 26


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: