Monday, December 07, 2015

Devote Yourselves To Prayer With An Alert Mind And A Thankful Heart


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Devote Yourselves
To Prayer With An Alert Mind
And A Thankful Heart

So much that I could have written about this morning from what I read in Paul’s letter to the church in Colosse. I guess what caught my attention in this verse was Paul’s admonition for us to pray a lot, pay attention when we pray to what we are praying (not just go through the motions) and when we pray let it be with a thankful heart. There is nothing a Father likes to hear more from his children than the words, “Thank you”.


Scripture



Colossians 4

2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

Observation

So much that I could have written about this morning from what I read in Paul’s letter to the church in Colosse.  

I guess what caught my attention in this verse was Paul’s admonition for us to pray a lot, pay attention when we pray to what we are praying (not just go through the motions) and when we pray let it be with a thankful heart. 

There is nothing a Father likes to hear more from his children than the words, “Thank you”.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. Psalm 116:17

Application

I will pray especially for you today and I will do it with a thankful heart.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to be called a child of God! I have been chosen. I have been adopted into Your family. I am overwhelmed at Your Mercy and Your Grace. I don’t deserve it. 

Thank You for the people who might be reading this simple blog. Bless them. I ask You to give them complete knowledge of Your will and to give them spiritual wisdom and understanding.    I also pray that they will be strengthened with all Your glorious power so they will have all the endurance and patience they need. May they be filled with joy, always giving thanks to You. Colossians 3:9,11 personalized..

Daily Bible Reading:  Colossians 1,2,3,4



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: