Monday, December 28, 2015

I Pray To You, O LORD, My Rock For If You Are Silent, I Might As Well Give Up And Die.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Pray To You,
O LORD, My Rock
For If You Are Silent, I Might As Well Give Up And Die.

As I looked this morning at the pictures of all the houses totally destroyed by the tornadoes in Garland, Texas it was a reminder to me that my protection needs to be in something better than what man can build or create. It is a reminder to me that life is fragile and things can change in a matter of moments. It only takes seconds for a 200 mph tornado to destroy even the best-built structure. My security and your security need to be in the Rock, where no enemy can reach us.

Scripture

Psalm 28

I pray to you, O Lord, my rock.
    Do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you are silent,
    I might as well give up and die.



Observation

As I looked this morning at the pictures of all the houses totally destroyed by the tornadoes in Garland, Texas it was a reminder to me that my protection needs to be in something better than what man can build or create. 

It is a reminder to me that life is fragile and things can change in a matter of moments.

It only takes seconds for a 200 mph tornado to destroy even the best-built structure. 

My security and your security need to be in the Rock, where no enemy can reach us.

No one is holy like the Lord! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2

My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. Psalm 62:7

Application


I will trust in the Rock today for all of my needs. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from Your love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from Your love.  No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from Your love that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Praise the Lord! For You have heard my cry for mercy. Lord, You are my strength and shield. I trust You with all my heart. You help me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Romans 8:38-39; Psalm 28:6-7 Personalized


Daily Bible Reading:  Revelation 5,6,7,8,9; Psalm 28; Proverbs 28




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: