Sunday, December 06, 2015

God Is Working In You Giving You The Desire And The Power To Do What Pleases Him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God Is Working In You
Giving You
The Desire And The Power To Do What Pleases Him.

One night about 2 or 3 weeks ago an old high school friend of ours came by our house and gave us some money and said, “Use this to help some families have a better Thanksgiving.” As I read this verse this morning the good deed of my old friend came to my mind. God is working in my friend’s life. God gave him the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.

Scripture

Philippians 2

13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

Observation

One night about 2 or 3 weeks ago an old high school friend of ours came by our house and gave us some money and said, “Use this to help some families have a better Thanksgiving.”

As I read this verse the good deed of my old friend came to my mind. God is working in his life. God gave him the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.

God is constantly at work in my life and in the lives of those around me. God is working miracles everyday. Sometimes we only think of miracles in terms of healing and people getting well, but I think the greater miracles are when God changes the direction of someone’s heart.

When someone turns from sin and self, and turns to God I think that is the greatest miracle of all.

Has that miracle happened in your life? Has God changed the direction of your life?

If so, then you are a miracle!

And if so, then this verse is especially for you today!

We have the power, and God has given us the desire, to do what pleases Him!


Application

I know that God is working in me and He has given me the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You are constantly at work not only in my life but also constantly at work in the lives of those around me. Thank You for living in me. Thank You for the Power of Your Holy Spirit. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Thank You for working in the life of my friend. Continue to show him how to follow You. Help him to read Your Word. Give him a hunger for Your Word. Bless my friends who may take the time to read this blog this morning.

Daily Bible Reading: Philippians 1,2,3,4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: