Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Are Any Of You Suffering Hardship? You Should Pray. Are Any Of You Happy? You Should Sing Praises.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Are Any Of You Suffering Hardship?
You Should Pray.
Are Any Of You Happy? You Should Sing Praises. 

Here is a good checklist for us concerning prayer: 1. Going through a rough time? PRAY! 2. Happy? PRAY! 3. Sick? PRAY! 4. Sin? PRAY!

Scripture

James 5

13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises.
 
14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

Observation

Here is a good checklist for us concerning prayer:

  • Going through a rough time?  – PRAY!

  • Happy?  – PRAY!

  • Sick?  – PRAY!

  • Sin?  – PRAY!

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:11-12

One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. Luke 18:1

Application

I will go through this day talking to my Heavenly Father about everything that comes to my mind. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, nothing is more important than spending time with You today. Help me to talk to You about everything. Don’t let me forget You today. I know that You delight in me and You want me to talk to You. I don’t know why You would want to spend time with someone like me but You do. As I go through this day let me see things from Your perspective and not mine. Show me the big picture. Don’t let me miss a thing. 


Daily Bible Reading:  James 1,2,3,4,5



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: