Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Put You Trust In The Light While There Is Still Time


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Put You Trust
In The Light
While There Is Still Time

When you have a heart that goes crazy anytime that it wants and drops you to the ground anytime that it wants without the slightest warning and you have to depend on an implanted defibrillator to crank you back up again it gives you a different perspective on life and death. Each time that my defibrillator has shocked me back to life (2 times so far), it has been a reminder to me that death for me is always only a few seconds or maybe a few minutes away. But … Time is running out for all of us to trust in the Light. 

Scripture

John 12

36 Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light.”

Observation

Trusting in the Light is definitely a limited time offer! Time is running out! One of my friends, Gary Jerome from way back when I went to Hillsborough High School shares on Facebook about those from our graduating class that have already sadly and tragically met death. It is staggering to hear how many of us from our class are already gone!

Maybe you don’t think about Death too much, but Death is very real to me. God has brought me right to death’s door now several times and it is only by God’s grace and His mercy that I am writing this today. Every day that I wake up I realize that I have been given another day to enjoy the people that God brings into my life.

When you have a heart that goes crazy anytime that it wants and drops you to the ground anytime that it wants without the slightest warning and you have to depend on an implanted defibrillator to crank you back up again it gives you a different perspective on life and death.


Each time that my defibrillator has shocked me back to life (2 times so far), it has been a reminder to me that death for me is always only a few seconds or maybe a few minutes away.

But … Time is running out for all of us to trust in the Light.  

 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” John 8:12


Christmas is a time when our hearts are open to spiritual things! Maybe now is the time for you to say “yes” to Jesus Christ. Maybe now is the time to start opening up the Bible and time to start looking for what life is really all about. Maybe now is the time to get back into church or start going to church for the first time. If you don’t know of a church why not try ours. Come sit with us! We would love to have you join us. 

Christmas services at Christ Fellowship Church will be Wednesday, December 23rd and on Christmas Eve, Thursday, December 24th  … both services are at 6pm. 

Application

I will enjoy today! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for today! This is a day that You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. Thank You for my children and my grandchildren. Bless each one of them. Help each one of them to see how important it is to recognize You as God. Help them to know how to worship You. Give them Eternal Life. Give them spiritual understanding. Open up their hearts to spiritual things. Help them to walk with You. I realize that my days on this earth are numbered. Each day that I am alive needs to be used in a way that brings You Glory and Honor. Help me live in a way that pleases You.

Daily Bible Reading:  John 12,13,14; Psalm 22; Proverbs 22



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: