Tuesday, December 29, 2015

When The Godly Are In Authority, The People Rejoice. But When The Wicked Are In Power, They Groan.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When The Godly Are In Authority,
The People Rejoice.
But When The Wicked Are In Power, They Groan. 

Proverbs 29:16 says, “When the wicked are in authority, sin flourishes”! But I personally like the end of verse 16, “but the godly will live to see their downfall”. At the end of this Presidential race we may all be groaning, though I am still holding out hope that a godly person will win. Even if a wicked person wins the election and things around us get even worse than they are now, you and I can, and we should remain confident and hopeful. We have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christ is ultimately in charge and He is calling the shots.



Scripture

Proverbs 29

When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice.
    But when the wicked are in power, they groan.

16 When the wicked are in authority, sin flourishes,
    but the godly will live to see their downfall.



Observation


Proverbs 29:16 says, “When the wicked are in authority, sin flourishes”! But I personally like the end of verse 16, “but the godly will live to see their downfall”.

At the end of this Presidential race we may all be groaning, though I am still holding out hope that a godly person will win.

Even if a wicked person wins the election and things around us get even worse than they are now, you and I can, and we should remain confident and hopeful. We have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christ is ultimately in charge and He is calling the shots.

 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,
 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! Habakkuk 3:17-19



Application


I will echo Habakkuk’s faith this morning and I will say with him that no matter how bad things get in the world around me, “I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength!” 


Prayer


Heavenly Father, the evil and the wicked are nothing to You. I know that You are in charge. Nothing that is happening in our country catches You by surprise. I do pray for godly leaders to win positions of leadership across our country. Give them boldness and help them to be courageous and help them not to compromise their convictions. This world is dominated by evil, the prince of this world reigns and is causing havoc and destruction everywhere, but his days are numbered and Satan is already defeated. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Revelation 10,11,12,13,14; Psalm 29; Proverbs 29



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: