Wednesday, December 23, 2015

You Didn’t Choose Me. I Chose You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You
Didn’t Choose Me.
I Chose You. 

This week Steve Harvey mistakenly announced Miss Columbia as the new Miss Universe! Then after a few moments of being chosen and being crowned Steve Harvey apologized that he had made a mistake and had the crown removed from Miss Columbia’s beautiful head and it was then placed on Miss Philippine’s who had actually been chosen as “Miss Universe 2015”. Thank goodness that is never going to happen to those who have been “chosen” to be children of God.  

Scripture

John 15

16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

Observation

This week Steve Harvey mistakenly announced Miss Columbia as the new Miss Universe! Then after a few moments of being chosen and being crowned Steve Harvey apologized that he had made a mistake and had the crown removed from Miss Columbia’s beautiful head and it was then placed on Miss Philippine’s who had actually been chosen as “Miss Universe 2015”. 

Thank goodness that is never going to happen to those who have been “chosen” to be children of God.  

But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9

 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, John 10:28

I like the idea of being chosen. I can remember when I was in elementary school and we picked up teams after school at Broward playground right next to the school. I was not good at baseball and even worse at basketball and I was usually about the last person chosen when the captains picked their teams. Football, now that was a different story! 

But God has chosen me, and it was a choice not based on anything that I have ever done or accomplished. If you have been chosen by God then it is not based on how good you are or how good you have been, in fact, our salvation and our relationship with Him is not based on us at all. 

So if you have placed your faith and your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and He is your Lord and your Savior then you are one of God’s chosen! 

It is not good people that go to Heaven and bad people that go to Hell; it is forgiven people that go to Heaven and un-forgiven people that go to Hell. 

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. Ephesians 2:8-9


Application


I am secure in Christ. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am secure in You. I am not afraid. You have chosen me. Why, I will never know but I am so very glad that You did. I don’t deserve it, as You well know. I am a sinner. But I know that I have been forgiven. Help those who may be reading this to understand what it takes to be saved. Give them the faith that they need to totally trust You for their salvation. I want them to be “chosen” just like You have chosen me. Give them spiritual understanding. Open up their spiritual eyes. Give them the boldness to declare faith in Your Son, Jesus Christ. 



Daily Bible Reading:  John 15,16,17,18




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: