Tuesday, March 07, 2017

“Abba, Father,” He Cried Out, “Everything Is Possible For You.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Abba, Father,”
He Cried Out,
“Everything Is Possible For You.”



Scripture

Mark 14

36 “Abba, Father,” he cried out, “everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”

Observation

Suffering and pain is something that all of us experience and even though we will never fully understand why there is suffering until we get to Heaven we all can be sure that God knows exactly what we feel. He allowed Himself to go through suffering, pain, rejection, and death. He knows just how we feel!

My very good friend, Missionary John Seale sent me this message once when I was going through a difficult time during my recovery from my heart attack, from an aortic root dissection, and living with a messed up heart.

If you are going through suffering right now I want you to think about what John shared with me and I hope that what he shared with me is something that you have allowed to happen during your time of suffering.

John wrote me and said,  “Such difficulties bring many of us to a depth of spiritual oneness and fellowship with our Maker that most believers would not understand.” And John gave me this verse: “For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.” Philippians 1:29
I keep his quote and the verse on my refrigerator.

John Seale is fighting cancer of the pancreas right now and the chemo treatment has been brutal. When John wrote to encourage me he had already gone through chemo and radiation treatment for throat cancer and had survived all of that. Through all of this pain and suffering John and his wife Jeanie have continued to serve the people in the country of Cuba taking and sending in volunteer teams to help rebuild the Baptist churches across the island from one end to the other! I am so proud of them!


Application

I will take every one of my hurts to the Lord because I know that He cares about me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my friends John and Jeanie Seale this morning. Give them strength. I pray for healing. I know that You love John and Jeanie and that You will take care of them. Help them to draw close to You during this time of suffering. I pray for others who are dealing with pain and suffering right now. Give them strength Lord. Show them that they can call on You. I pray that through this time of suffering that they will have a “depth of spiritual oneness and fellowship with You that most believers would not understand”. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 5,6; Psalms 43; Mark 14





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: