Sunday, March 26, 2017

This I Know: God Is On My Side!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

This I
Know:
God Is On My Side!

Scripture

Psalm 56

… This I know: God is on my side!
10 I praise God for what he has promised;
    yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?


Observation

I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What causes you to be afraid today?

Each one of us have a future that is uncertain, you and I do not know what tomorrow is going to bring.

It is another reason why we should know in a personal way the One who holds our future.

Every morning when I wake up and I open up and read God’s Word I am reminded that God is on my side!

And if I trust in God, why should I be afraid?

Psalm 139

O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
    You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too great for me to understand!

16 You saw me before I was born.
    Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
    before a single day had passed.

17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
    They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!


Application

I trust in God so why should I be afraid!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize that my future is not something to be feared because You are on my side. You are watching out for me. You have always taken care of us and You always will. Your promises never fail. You keep everyone of them. Your love for us is more than we can even understand. It is beyond my comprehension. Thank You for loving me and for taking care of me. I don’t deserve everything that You have poured out on me. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Joshua 23,24; Psalms 44; 1 Corinthians 11; Psalm 56, Psalm 86, Proverbs 26



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: