Thursday, March 23, 2017

It Is Impossible To Please God Without Faith


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

It Is
Impossible
To Please God Without Faith



Scripture

Hebrews 11

1 Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.

 5 It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying— he disappeared, because God took him. For before he was taken up, he was known as a person who pleased God. 

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

Genesis 5:23-24 

 Enoch lived 365 years, walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him.  


Observation

 Enoch lived 365 years, walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him. (Genesis 5:23-24) “It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying— he disappeared, because God took him. For before he was taken up, he was known as a person who pleased God.” (Hebrews 11:5)

I don’t know about you, but I want to have Enoch’s kind of faith! 

I want the Lord to be so delighted with me that He one day just decides to take me up to Heaven because we are walking so close together! 

How about you? 

What in us needs to change in our walk with the Lord for this to happen? 

“By faith”  … It is the only way for you and me to please God!

Application

I want a walk so close to the Lord that He takes me to Heaven just like He did with Enoch. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that everyday You give me opportunities to walk with You and it is all by faith. I know that is why my life is filled with so many challenges. Those challenges give me the opportunity to trust in you and to walk by Faith.

Problems, troubles, and challenges are all designed to provide me with opportunities to live by faith and to please You. The more that I live by faith the closer my relationship is with You. Lord, You know that I want to walk in a close relationship with You. Give me Enoch’s kind of faith!

I pray for my brother Rick today on his birthday! Bless him Lord. Thank You for giving me such a great brother. Help him today to sense Your presence, Your love, and Your power. Give him all the wisdom he needs to be able to do his job well and help him to have favor with those he works with and may they be able to see Jesus in him! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Joshua 15,16,17; 1 Corinthians 8, Psalm 53, Psalm 123; Proverbs 23; Hebrews 11



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: