Saturday, March 11, 2017

Take Control Of What I Say, O LORD, And Guard My Lips.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Take Control Of What I Say,
O LORD,
And Guard My Lips. 



Scripture

Psalm 141
Take control of what I say, O Lord,
    and guard my lips.


Observation

What gets me into trouble most with my wife Kathy? It is the same thing that probably gets you into trouble with your spouse. It must have been the same thing that King David had trouble with too! Yep, my biggest troublemaker is my mouth! What I say, the way I say it, and when I say it – get me in trouble way too often!

I need to memorize some more verses that can help me guard my mouth and maybe you need to do the same thing!

I just told Kathy what I was writing about this morning and she said, “It seems like you write about this topic a lot!” 

Ouch!

She just gave me this verse, “The right word at the right time is like a custom-made piece of jewelry.” Proverbs 25:11 MESSAGE

 What can I say – I am definitely a slow learner! Thank goodness I have a great wife that puts up with me! Hope you have a wonderful spouse that gives you plenty of grace too!

I am sorry. Will you forgive me? I love you! Three important phrases to humbly use when our mouths have stabbed and hurt someone we love.

Here is one that I have already memorized, “Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.” Proverbs 12:18

Ephesians 4:29

    Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Proverbs 18:21

    Those who love to talk will experience the consequences, for the tongue can kill or nourish life.

   
Proverbs 13:3

    Those who control their tongue will have a long life; a quick retort can ruin everything.

   
Application

I will memorize verses Ephesians 4:29, Proverbs 18:21, and Proverbs 13:3. Proverbs 25:11. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that what comes out of my mouth reveals the condition of my heart. Help me to guard my heart and help me to control what comes out of my mouth. Help me to say things that will build up and not tear down. Help me to say things that are helpful and encouraging. Help me to ask for forgiveness quickly when I say things that hurt and injure someone else! I want to be like Jesus. Take away those things in me that keep people from seeing Jesus.


Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 16,17,18; Psalms 38; Galatians 2; Psalm 41, Psalm 141; Proverbs 11




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: