Saturday, March 18, 2017

You Are Acting Like People Who Don’t Belong To The Lord.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Are Acting
Like People
Who Don’t Belong To The Lord. 


Scripture

I Corinthians 3:3

[3] for you are still controlled by your own sinful desires. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn't that prove you are controlled by your own desires? You are acting like people who don't belong to the Lord.

Observation

The Apostle Paul was letting the believers in Corinth know just how he felt about their behavior. When you and I act like people that don’t belong to the Lord hopefully someone like the Apostle Paul will at least confront us and call us out on our bad behavior. 

We are all sinners and sometimes we are all going to need to be corrected. 

Correction may come through your Christian spouse or even one of your children, maybe by a brother or sister in Christ, maybe by a pastor or maybe if what we did was really bad even by the entire church, but each of us will one day find ourselves being corrected by someone that loves us and cares about us. 

Let’s strive to live and walk in the Spirit and let’s not let ourselves be controlled by our sinful desires! 

What are some ways we acting like we don’t belong to the Lord? Let’s change those ways!

Galatians 5:22-23

    But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law. 

 Application

I will accept a brother or sister in Christ speaking to me in truth to correct me when I have acted or I am acting in an ungodly manner. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me walk in a way that brings You honor and glory. Help me to accept correction when I need it. Help me to watch my attitude and my motives when I help a brother or sister that has fallen into sin. Help me to offer correction in humility and with gentleness and always remind me of my own sinfulness.


Daily Bible Reading:  Joshua 1, Joshua 2; 1 Corinthians 3




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: