Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Love Never Gives Up, Never Loses Faith, Is Always Hopeful, And Endures Through Every Circumstance


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Love Never Gives Up,
Never Loses Faith, Is Always Hopeful,
And Endures Through Every Circumstance


Scripture


1 Corinthians 13

3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. 

It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
 
It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
 
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Observation

God’s love for us is unfailing. It is beyond our comprehension. And God has asked us to love those around us with that same kind of selfless, sacrificial love – we are to love them with the love of Christ! 

Yesterday I shared that the Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 12:31b, “But now let me show you a way of life that is best of all”, and if you and I want to enjoy a life that is best of all, then we have to live out 1 Corinthians 13. 

It is impossible to splash the love that is described in 1 Corinthians 13 on others if we are not completely filled with the God’s Holy Spirit. 


And if we are filled with God’s Holy Spirit then this kind of love – Agape Love – will be obvious to those we encounter today.

Everyday is a test: Will we be selfish or will we be self-less? It is a struggle for all of us. I watch people struggle with this choice everyday and I battle it myself!

Application

I want to stay filled with God’s Holy Spirit so I can love people with the love of Christ. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know my heart this morning. You know that I want to be able to love people in the way that You described in 1 Corinthians 13. Give me a heart like that Lord. Give me the ability to be selfless and not selfish. I want to be like Jesus. Point out anything in my life that is not pleasing to You and that keeps me from being all that You want me to be. Fill me right now with Your Holy Spirit. I surrender every part of my life to You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 4,5; Psalm 39,41; 1 Corinthians 13



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: