Monday, March 27, 2017

But Now Let Me Show You A Way Of Life That Is Best Of All.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But Now
Let Me
Show You A Way Of Life That Is Best Of All.



Scripture

1 Corinthians 12

31b … But now let me show you a way of life that is best of all.

I Corinthians 13

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
 
If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.
 
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

Observation

All of us if we are followers of Jesus Christ have been given at least one spiritual gift! And that spiritual gift no matter what it is does not make us more important than anyone else in the Body of Jesus Christ. 

It is so easy for us to think that we are more important than we really are! 

I like what Paul says in Galatians 6:3,If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.”

Lets look for someone this week that needs our help! No matter how spiritually gifted you and I are if we don’t love people and show that love by serving them – we are worthless in God’s kingdom! 

Jesus said in Mark 10:45, “For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many."

If we want to know and experience a way of life that is best of all, then let’s find someone this week that needs our help and lets love them with the love of Christ! 

Slaves/Servants of Christ … not … Christian CEO’s!

 Application

I will look for someone that needs help this week and I will serve and help him or her with the love of Christ. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that if I don’t take time to serve others then I am not a servant in Your kingdom. Help me to look for someone that needs my help this week and help me to love him or her with the love of Christ. Guide and direct me this week to the person or persons that need my help. Don’t let me get so wrapped up in my own interests that I don’t have time for others. Give me Your heart for those around me. Give me the capacity to love people the way that Jesus would love them. Help them see Jesus in me! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 1,2,3; 1 Corinthians 12



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: