Thursday, March 09, 2017

How Precious Are Your Thoughts About Me, O God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

How Precious Are Your
Thoughts
About Me, O God



Scripture

Psalm 139

17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
    They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!


Observation

Our pastors Bruce Moore and Brian Elliott shared this week in Sunday’s message that we are highly valued by God. They shared that it is important that we receive our value and worth from God and not try to get it from other people. When we know that we are highly valued by God then we are able to highly value the lives of the people that God has placed around us. 

One of the men in our community group shared with the group last night that this past Sunday evening he talked to his wife on the phone (they are separated and his wife lives in another state) and he had to tell her what he had learned from Sunday’s sermon. 

He said to her, “I want you to know that you are priceless!” He said that there was only silence on the other end of the phone and he thought that she had hung up! 

You see once we realize that we are highly valued by God then we are also able to highly value those close to us. 

I love what God is doing in the lives of the people at Christ Fellowship Church!


Psalm 18:19
He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

Psalm 37:23
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.

Psalm 147:11
No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Psalm 149:4
For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.

 Application

I am highly valued by God. I will highly value those that God brings into my life. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so exciting to see men hear Your Word and then apply it to the their daily lives. I pray for our pastors right now. Continue to use them to speak to the hearts of our people. Keep them from stupid sins. Sins that would mess up what You are doing at our church. Give them wisdom.   

Keep me away from stupid sins too. Help me be the example that I need to be. Help all of our leadership team set the example for us. Help them to shine and help them to bring You glory! I thank You for all that You are doing in the lives of the people at Christ Fellowship. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 10,11,12; Mark 16; Psalm 39, Psalm 99; Proverbs 9




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: