Friday, March 31, 2017

Be On Guard. Stand Firm In the Faith. Be Courageous. Be Strong. And Do Everything With Love.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Be On Guard. Stand Firm In the Faith.
Be Courageous. Be Strong.
And Do Everything With Love. 


Scripture

1 Corinthians 16

13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 14 And do everything with love.

Observation

“Be on guard.” 

Why? Because you and I have an enemy that wants to take us out! Don’t give him a foothold. If you give Satan an inch he will take a mile. Don’t kid yourself. Satan knows where you and I are weak and that is where he will attack us. 

1 Peter 5:8-9a

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith.


“Stand firm in the faith.” 

Jesus’ call on your life and His call on my life is a call for us to hold our ground and not retreat. We are in a spiritual battle. Every day our faith and our faithfulness are being tested.

“Be courageous. Be strong.” 

God wants us to be men and women of courage and strength. He wants us to be examples for others to imitate. He didn’t save us for us to be wimps and a bunch of cowards!

“And do everything with love.”  

EVERYTHING means EVERY THING; it means every single thing that we do 24 hours a day, we must do in love! There is no wiggle room for meanness! 

 Application


I will be on guard today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You. Give me courage and boldness today. Help me to stand firm in my faith. Help me to do everything with love.

I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog today. Help them to live out this verse. Help them to walk in victory today. I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing. I pray that You touch their bodies with Your Mighty Healing Power, that same Power that raised Jesus Christ from the grave. Show them that they can trust in You. Show them Your goodness, Your mercy, and Your grace!



Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 9,10; Psalms 49; 1 Corinthians 16




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: