Tuesday, March 14, 2017

When You Follow The Desires Of Your Sinful Nature, The Results Are Very Clear:


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When You Follow
The Desires Of Your Sinful Nature,
The Results Are Very Clear:


Scripture

Galatians 5

19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these.
Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.

Observation

It is impossible (in my opinion) to live a victorious life in Jesus Christ without being in God’s Word on a daily basis. 

If you and I are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ then every single day there is a battle raging inside of us: our old nature that loves chaos, drama, and sinful pleasures against our new nature that desires to walk close to the Lord that produces in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. 

Newspapers, news on television/radio and now even the Internet if filled with what happens when our sinful natures are allowed to run wild. It is always what makes the headlines! Murder, rape, suicide, deaths caused by drunk drivers, drug overdoses, and gang related death and violence, political corruption and scams of every kind saturate our news. 

Which nature is going to win the battle in our lives today? It is the one we feed the most!

Lets dig into and devour God’s Word! 

 Application

I will read God’s word everyday. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have warned me in Jeremiah 17:9 about what my old nature or what my wicked heart is like, “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?” I know that when my life is not under Your control that I am capable of the most vicious and horrible sins. I am a sinner and everyday I must surrender my life and place it under Your control. I want people to see Jesus in me. Help me to live with my sins confessed so the fruit of Your Holy Spirit shines through me.


Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 25,26,27; Galatians 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: