Friday, March 24, 2017

The Godly May Trip Seven Times, But They Will Get Up Again.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Godly
May Trip Seven Times,
But They Will Get Up Again.




Scripture

Proverbs 24

16 The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again.
    But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.


Observation

A godly person is not someone who is perfect, or someone who never sins. A godly person is someone who has decided to live each day striving to keep his or her relationship with God as his or her number one priority in life.

Will the godly mess up, slip up, and yes, even fall down? Yes, they will!

But every time they fall down they will get up again, brush themselves off and move on. Why? Because the very same Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead lives in them!

Have you messed up? Have you fallen down? Have you let yourself or someone else down? Confess your sin to the Lord and ask Him to forgive you and anyone else that you may have hurt and then move on.

It’s what a godly person does!

 Application

I will strive to live a godly life, getting up every time I fall down. How about you?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that Your word to us over and over again in the Bible is for us to be bold and courageous. I know that You repeat that over and over again because our natural tendency is to be fearful and wimpy. Give me the strength that I need today to face whatever comes my way. 

Give me the strength and the courage to pick myself back up when I trip and fall down. I know that the same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead lives in me.

I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog today that feels like they can’t get back up after messing up. Give them the faith and the strength to get up and to get moving. Help them to live their lives for You. Show them today just how powerful You are!


Daily Bible Reading:  Joshua 18,19,20; 1 Corinthians 9; Psalm 54; Proverbs 24




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: