Wednesday, March 08, 2017

I Am On The Verge Of Collapse


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Am
On
The Verge Of Collapse



Scripture

Psalm 38

17 I am on the verge of collapse,
    facing constant pain.
18 But I confess my sins;
    I am deeply sorry for what I have done.


21 Do not abandon me, O Lord.
    Do not stand at a distance, my God.
22 Come quickly to help me,
    O Lord my savior.


Observation

If we find ourselves at rock bottom today and getting pretty close to giving up may I suggest that we do exactly what Kind David did.

What did he do? Glad that you asked!

He turned to God. He confessed to God that he was a sinner and he turned away from his sins. He then asked God for help!

Exactly what you and I need to do every day of our lives if we want to live victorious lives.

You and I are broken. And we live in a world filled with broken people. We are all sinners. To be honest sin has messed all of us up! All of us need to be rescued from the destructiveness of sin.

Maybe you are at the point of wishing that you were dead. Maybe things in your life have gotten that desperate.

King David was at that point in his life when he penned Psalm 38 and was probably that desperate many other times as his enemies tried to find him to kill him.

Lets do what King David did and lets cry out to God for help!

Romans 8

12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. 13 For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

 Application

I am praying for those who are desperate and are at the point of giving up. I am praying that they will turn to God for help. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am praying for someone today that seems to have lost all hope. I pray that she turns to You for help. Show her that she can live a life of victory if she will only surrender her life to You. I pray that you meet all of her needs. Bring people into her life that will help her and encourage her. Show her that she can be forgiven and help her to turn from sin to You. May she see how valuable she is in Your eyes. May she sense Your presence in her life today. Give her spiritual understanding and show her that in You there is Hope!



Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 7,8,9; Mark 15; Psalm 38, Psalm 98; Proverbs 8





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: