Monday, March 06, 2017

Because You Believed It Has Happened


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Because You Believed
It
Has Happened

Scripture

Matthew 8

Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.”

But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.”

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!

13 Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, “Go back home. Because you believed, it has happened.” And the young servant was healed that same hour.

Observation

This is an amazing story of faith! This centurion, a Roman officer, had tremendous, unbelievable faith in the power of Jesus Christ. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. Amazing!

In sharp contrast, just a few verses down further in the chapter and we find Jesus and His disciples in a boat with Jesus giving His disciples a lesson on trust and faith:

23 Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. 24 Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

26 Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.

27 The disciples were amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked. “Even the winds and waves obey him!”

I want to be like the amazing Centurion with his kind of faith. 

But whether we have faith as strong as the Centurion’s or as weak as the disciples here is the important thing to remember – Jesus Christ is All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for Him. 

And everyday He is showing us over and over again that we can trust in Him. 
.
John 14:13-14

You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

Daniel 3

But if you refuse, you will be thrown immediately into the blazing furnace. And then what god will be able to rescue you from my power?”

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.”


Application


I want to be like the amazing Centurion, or like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego with their kind of faith. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, increase my faith! 



Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 3,4; Psalms 36; Mark 13; Psalm 96, Psalm 136; Proverbs 6; Matthew 8




> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!




> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: