Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Mighty Hero, The LORD Is With You!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Mighty Hero,
The LORD
Is With You!


Scripture

Judges 6

12 The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the Lord is with you!”

Observation

Take a couple of minutes to read this amazing story in Judges 6-7!

When the angel of the LORD said this to Gideon, Gideon was actually hiding from the Midianites. Gideon was down in the bottom of a winepress threshing wheat where his enemies couldn’t see him.

When the angel of the LORD said to him, “Mighty hero, the LORD is with you”, I think that Gideon must have thought that the Lord was speaking to someone else.

What did it take for Gideon to become a “Mighty hero”? 

What will it take for you and me to become “Mighty heroes”? Or we could ask this question: what was the key to Gideon’s success?

Gideon’s amazing victories were only possible because of his faith and his willingness to obey what God told him to do. God wants to do mighty things in our lives too!

Faith + Obedience = Success!

Application

I will pray and ask God to help me be a man of faith and obedience like Gideon. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am a lot like the Gideon that was hiding from his enemies. I know that You see more potential in me than I see in myself. Help me to be an obedient warrior. Don’t let me be a coward. Don’t let me be a wimp. Help me to be a man of faith and obedience. I want to be successful in this life in Your eyes. I want to make You smile. Help me live out this day in a way that pleases You. You are worthy of all praise!


Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 6,7; Psalms 52; 1 Corinthians 14; Psalm 29, Psalm 129, Proverbs 29





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: