Tuesday, July 18, 2017

But If You Favor Some People Over Others, You Are Committing A Sin.

But If You Favor
Some People Over Others,
You Are Committing A Sin.
Scripture
James 2
9 But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin. You are guilty of breaking the law.

10 For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.
Observation

Prejudice”, not one of us is completely free from the evilness of it!
Red and yellow, black and white, the rich, the poor, those with special needs, and the mentally challenged, all of us are precious in His sight.
Jesus reached out to those who most people in His day looked down on. He reached out to the tax collectors, and prostitutes. He healed and touched the untouchables, those with leprosy, He healed the crippled and the deformed.
Jesus made a special effort to reach out to the Samaritans who were hated and were looked down on by His fellow Jews because they were a mixed race.
All of us have the tendency to think that we are better than someone else and all of us have the tendency to look down on others for whatever reason.

And that thought and that tendency my friend, comes straight out of the pit of Hell.

Application

I will ask God to search my heart and show me any prejudices that are lurking inside so I can confess them as sin. How about you?
Psalm 19
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
and innocent of great sin.
14 May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that my heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. I know that because You have told me that in Your Word plus I know that just from experience. I don't want to look down on others. I don't want to think that I am better than someone else. I know where those thoughts come from and they are not from You. Help me to see people from Your perspective. Give me Your heart for those around me. Help me to be compassionate and loving like You are!

Jeremiah 17
9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
and desperately wicked.
Who really knows how bad it is?


Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 32,33,34,35; James 2





No comments: