Sunday, July 09, 2017

This Hope Is A Strong And Trustworthy Anchor For Our Souls

This Hope
Is A Strong And Trustworthy Anchor
For Our Souls
Scripture
Hebrews 6
18 … Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.

19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.

20 Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

Observation

Have you noticed that this world that we live in is out of control! It is in a downward spiral! Everyday we read or hear of bizarre and crazy things that happen all around us! And things seem to get crazier by the minute! It is becoming a more dangerous place by the second.

In a world like this my friend, you and I need a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls! We need Hope! His name is Jesus!

I don't have my head in the sand! I see what is going on! I see the evil, the hate, the injustice, the prejudice, the anger, and the violence that is happening around the world. I see it.

But I see it through the lens of the Bible. I see what is happening from God's perspective and so I have hope!

I know how it is all going to end.

I have read the last chapter of the Book. And because I know how it is all going to end I have hope. It is a strong and trustworthy anchor for my soul!

Romans 15:4
Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.
Romans 15:13
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.


Application

I have read the last chapter of the Book. And because I know how it is all going to end I have hope. And this hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for my soul! How about you?

Prayer

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 personalized)

Daily Bible Reading: Micah 1,2,3,4; Hebrews 6




No comments: