Saturday, July 22, 2017

God Paid A Ransom To Save You From The Empty Life

God Paid A Ransom
To Save You
From The Empty Life
Scripture
1 Peter 1
13 So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control. Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world.
14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then.
15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. 16 For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.
18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And it was not paid with mere gold or silver, which lose their value. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
Observation
Empty, is a good description of what my life was like before I put my faith and my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ to save me. Yes, I can remember what my life was like.
 How about you? 
Here is the warning to us from God's Word today - “Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires.”
With summer, with vacations, with everybody taking a break from their normal schedules, guess what, it is a time when you and I can be tempted to slip back into some of our old ways of living!
Before Christ we didn't know any better, but now we do!
Lets make Him smile by what we say, by what we do and by how we live our lives!
2 Corinthians 5:17
17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
Colossians 3
17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Hebrews 13:21
may he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.
Romans 12:2
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Application
I will guard my heart so I don't slip back into ungodly living. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize that even after all of these years of walking with You and living the Christian life that there is always the pull, always the tug, always the temptation, to be drawn back to involve myself in that old empty way of life. I am a sinner. I know that I am capable of any sin just like anyone else. Help me to live my life in a way that pleases You. I don't want to yield to temptations that would cause me to slip back into that old empty life. I know that I have been bought with the high price of the blood of Jesus Christ! Help me to live like it!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 36,37; Psalms 76; 1 Peter 1





No comments: