Friday, July 07, 2017

Then I Went Into Your Sanctuary, O God, And I Finally Understood The Destiny Of The Wicked.

Then I Went Into Your Sanctuary, O God,
And
I Finally Understood The Destiny Of The Wicked.

Scripture
Psalm 73
17 Then I went into your sanctuary, O God,
and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked.

18 Truly, you put them on a slippery path
and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction.

19 In an instant they are destroyed,
completely swept away by terrors.

20 When you arise, O Lord,
you will laugh at their silly ideas
as a person laughs at dreams in the morning.

21 Then I realized that my heart was bitter,
and I was all torn up inside.

22 I was so foolish and ignorant—
I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.

23 Yet I still belong to you;
you hold my right hand.

24 You guide me with your counsel,
leading me to a glorious destiny.

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.

26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.

27 Those who desert him will perish,
for you destroy those who abandon you.

28 But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.

Observation

Sometimes I have to admit that I just don't get it. Sometimes I wonder why wicked people seem to prosper so much and those striving to live a godly life seem to struggle so much. Psalms 73 helped me out reminding me that there will be payday someday for those who desert God. God has put them on a slippery path and God will send them sliding over the cliff to destruction!

How foolish it is for us to think like that! The Psalmist realized that he had a bitter heart and he realized how foolish and ignorant he was to think like that!

He belonged to God and God was holding his right hand. God was going to take care of him. God was going to lead him to a glorious destiny!

He is going to take care of us too if we continue to put Him first!

Application

I know that God will guide me with His counsel and He will also lead me to a glorious destiny. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You guide me with Your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in Heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but You remain the strength of my heart; You are mine forever. Those who desert You will perish, for You destroy those who abandon You. But as for me, how good it is to be near You! I have made You the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do. (Psalm 73:23-28 personalized)



Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 10,11,12; Psalms 73; Hebrews 4






No comments: