Saturday, July 08, 2017

O My God, Who Lives Forever, Don't Take My Life While I Am So Young!

O My God, Who Lives Forever,
Don't Take My Life
While I Am So Young!
Scripture
Psalm 102
23 He broke my strength in midlife,
cutting short my days.

24 But I cried to him, “O my God, who lives forever,
don’t take my life while I am so young!

Observation

If you are going through a rough time right now, if you are struggling with your health or maybe some other serious issue then this Psalm may be just what you need to pick you up! The Psalmist expresses to God just how bad he feels (take time to read it) then he ends the Psalm affirming and declaring the greatness of His God.

My heart attack did not come midlife for me, but it sure broke my strength 6 years ago at 60 years old. Everything changed!

Everything changed – except my God. He is the same forever and ever!

He loves me. He cares about every detail of my life.

And He loves you too!


Application

I will boldly come to God's throne of grace and I will pray with confidence knowing that God hears me and He wants to answer my prayers. How about you?


Prayer

Lord, hear my prayer! Listen to my plea! Don’t turn away from me in my time of distress. Bend down to listen, and answer me quickly when I call to you. (Psalm 102:1-2 personalized)

Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 13,14; Psalms 100,101,102; Hebrews 5




No comments: