Monday, July 10, 2017

When The Storms Of Life Come

When
The Storms Of Life
Come
Scripture
Proverbs 10
25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away,
but the godly have a lasting foundation.
Observation

It is not if the storms of life come but when they come! Will you and I be whirled away or will we be able to withstand the storms when they come? It all depends on whether we have a relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the anchor. He is the lasting foundation!

I don't know about you but I love a good thunderstorm! It is a reminder to me of God's awesome power! But to be in a powerful thunderstorm while out in the Gulf of Mexico fishing, now that is an entirely different story.


Maybe we are being clobbered with a category 5 hurricane or F3 tornado “life storm” right now? If we are what should we do?

I think we should check our spiritual life and make sure that we have a lasting foundation – a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ!

John 16:33
I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world.”
Psalm 34:19
The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.
Application

I will trust the Lord as I go through the storms of life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, remind me that every storm that comes into my life is an opportunity for me to trust in You. You are my shelter from the storms of life. You are my Protector. I will trust in You. Don't let me trust in myself. Don't let me put my trust anywhere else except in You. Nothing is too hard or too impossible for You.


Daily Bible Reading: Micah 5,6,7; Hebrews 7; Psalm 10; Psalm 40; Proverbs 10




No comments: