Wednesday, July 19, 2017

But No Man Can Tame The Tongue. It Is A Restless Evil, Full Of Deadly Poison.

But No Man Can Tame The Tongue.
It Is A Restless Evil,
Full Of Deadly Poison.
Scripture
James 3
8 but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
Observation

With over a million words in the English language you and I have quite a lot of ammunition in our arsenal to do a lot of damage to those we love, if we allow our tongues free reign! Oh, if we could just keep our mouths shut just think how much trouble and and how much grief it would save us ... but we can't!
What we say when we are angry, what we say when our old nature is in control, those words once they leave our mouths, can haunt us and they can hurt us and worse yet, they can hurt others for a long, long, long, time!
Your mouth problem and my mouth problem is really a reflection of a more serious problem deep within our hearts!
Luke 6
45 A good man produces good out of the good storeroom of his heart. An evil man produces evil out of the evil storeroom, for his mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart.
Proverbs 12:18
18 Careless words stab like a sword,
but wise words bring healing.
Here are some wise words that bring healing when used sincerely:
I am sorry.
Will you forgive me?
I love you!
Application
I will pay attention to what is coming out of my mouth because I know that it is from an overflow of my heart. How about you?
Prayer
    Heavenly Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. May my conversation be gracious and attractive so that I will have the right response for everyone. I know that my heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked and without my life being constantly surrendered to You I will hurt people with what comes out of my mouth. (Psalm 19:14, Col. 4:6, Jeremiah 17:9 personalized)


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 17; 2 Chronicles 28; Psalms 46; James 3



No comments: