Saturday, July 01, 2017

Don't Put Your Trust In Mere Humans. They Are As Frail As Breath.

Don't Put Your Trust
In Mere Humans.
They Are As Frail As Breath.
Scripture
Isaiah 2
22 Don’t put your trust in mere humans.
They are as frail as breath.
What good are they?

Observation

Are you trying to get your deepest needs met by depending on a spouse or a significant other to meet those needs?

If you are, then you are going to be frustrated and disappointed. There are needs in your life and needs in my life that only our Creator God can fill.

Only with God and having a close relationship with Him can our deepest needs be met!

Depend on and trust in Him to take care of you!
Isaiah 41:10
10 So don’t worry, because I am with you.
Don’t be afraid, because I am your God.
I will make you strong and will help you; ...
Psalm 32:8
8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
Lamentations 3:21
21 But I have hope
when I think of this:
22 The Lord’s love never ends;
his mercies never stop.
23 They are new every morning;
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Application
I love Kathy more than anything, but she can never meet the deepest needs of my life. Those needs can only be met by the God who loves me and created me. How about you? Who are you trusting?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am looking to You this morning to take care of me. I know that I can trust in You. I know that You will never let me down. I know that You will never disappoint me. I can never have too high of expectations when it comes to You because nothing is too hard for You. Your love and mercy never stop; they are renewed every morning! Great is Your faithfulness!


Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 1,2,3; Titus 3




No comments: