Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Praise God For The Privilege Of Being Called By His Name!

Praise God
For The Privilege
Of Being Called By His Name!
Scripture
1 Peter 4
16 But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name!
Observation
I remember when I was in my senior year of high school (Hillsborough High School), I sadly remember making fun of one of my fellow football players because he was a Christian. He wouldn't participate in some of the things that the rest of us were doing.
I can't remember his name, but I will never forget his commitment to Christ.
I am sure that he probably wasn't the only Christian on our team, but he was the most Christ like of all of us!
Two years later, a year after Kathy and I were married I put my faith and my trust in Jesus Christ as my Savior! Jesus Christ became the Lord of my life!
What goes around comes around! Recently Kathy and I both were ridiculed, yes we were made fun of, we were chided, because of our faith in Jesus Christ. Yes, what goes around comes around!
I would love to be able to go back to my high school friend and let him know that his commitment to Christ left a deep impression on my life. I would love to chat with him about all the things that Christ has done in our lives over the past years.
And if his name ever comes back to me that is just what I plan to do!
Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!
Application
I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the privilege of being called a Christian! I know that I didn't choose You, but You chose me. And I pray for those who don't know You. Open their spiritual eyes. Give them the opportunity to become “Christians”. Help them to see that You are the only true God and there is no other God like You!

Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 43,44,45; 1 Peter 4



No comments: