Monday, July 24, 2017

But Those Who Trust In The Lord Will Find New Strength

But Those
Who Trust In The Lord
Will Find New Strength
Scripture
Isaiah 40
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 41
10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Observation

I got word yesterday that my very good friend, Missionary John Seale, went home to be with Jesus.
After so much suffering my friend John is home!
John and his wife Jeanie never stopped serving the Lord during this entire time of sickness. What a man of God!
Christians across the entire island of Cuba will mourn with us over this loss.
I think of his wife Jeanie, their two daughters, and their grandchildren this morning as I write this blog.
These verses are for them today and for anyone else going through difficult times.
And let me add one more that I know will be in tomorrow's daily Bible reading.
...
It is found in Isaiah 43!
Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”
When we go through suffering and times of loss there is an anchor for our souls – His name is Jesus!
This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls” … Hebrews 6:19
Application

I will hold on to the promises of God when I go through times of difficulty. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for Jeanie Seale and her family. You are the God of all comfort and all compassion. I pray that You comfort Jeanie and her family today. Give them the strength they need to get through this difficult time. Show them Your love and Your power. May they sense Your presence and I pray that You draw them close and take care of every need that they have. You are God. Nothing is too hard for You!
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 40,41,42; 1 Peter 3



No comments: