Sunday, July 23, 2017

So Get Rid Of All Evil Behavior. Be Done With All Deceit, Hypocrisy, Jealousy, And All Unkind Speech.

So Get Rid Of All Evil Behavior.
Be Done With All Deceit,
Hypocrisy, Jealousy, And All Unkind Speech.
Scripture
1 Peter 2
2 So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech.
Observation

Get rid of it! Nip it in the bud!

Let me just focus a minute on the last thing that Simon Peter mentions, the “unkind speech”.

Peter is writing to Christians and it does sort of seem strange at first that he has to remind us not to act like unbelievers.

But just a glance at what some of us put on Facebook shows just how important the message of 1 Peter 2:2 still is for us today!

We need to watch how we talk and we need to watch how we act!
Not using all those 4 letter words … you know those words that you don't want your kids using, is a good place to start!

Get rid of it! Nip it in the bud!

Ephesians 5:3-5
3 Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people.
4 Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God.
Psalm 19:14
14 May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Application

I will watch what I say and how I say it. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be salt and light to the world around me. I want the people around me to see Jesus. Help me live in a way that is a reflection of my relationship with You. Help me to guard my mouth and my thoughts. Help me to be Your hands and Your feet today. Give me Your heart for those around me!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 20; Isaiah 38,39; Psalms 75; 1 Peter 2




No comments: