Friday, July 28, 2017

He Was Despised And Rejected-- A Man Of Sorrows, Acquainted With Deepest Grief.

He Was Despised And Rejected--
A Man Of Sorrows,
Acquainted With Deepest Grief.
Scripture
Isaiah 53
2 My servant grew up in the Lord’s presence like a tender green shoot,
like a root in dry ground.
There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance,
nothing to attract us to him.
3 He was despised and rejected—
a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief.
We turned our backs on him and looked the other way.
He was despised, and we did not care.
4 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried;
it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God,
a punishment for his own sins!
5 But he was pierced for our rebellion,
crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
He was whipped so we could be healed.
6 All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.
We have left God’s paths to follow our own.
Yet the Lord laid on him
the sins of us all.

Observation

Because Jesus was despised and rejected, beaten, whipped, pierced, crushed, and acquainted with deepest grief I know that He understands what you and I go through when we experience rejection and persecution.

Not everybody is going to like us. And yes, people will intentionally and sometimes unintentionally hurt us.

So what should we do when people hurt us?

Matthew 5

43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!

Luke 6

35 “Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. 36 You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.

1 Corinthians 16
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.
Application
I will pray for those who choose to do us harm and I will continue to reach out to them in love. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, you know the pain that comes when the people you love reject you. I know that Jesus went through that kind of pain for us. He experienced rejection. Thank You for not giving up on me. Help me not to give up on those who have decided to be our enemies. Remind me to pray for them. Show me how to do good to them. Don't ever let me give up on them. Show me ways to express my love to them.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 53,54,55,56; 2 Peter 2



No comments: