Thursday, August 24, 2017

Dear Children, Keep Away From Anything That Might Take God's Place In Your Hearts.

Dear Children,
Keep Away From Anything
That Might Take God's Place In Your Hearts.
Scripture
1 John 5
21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.
Observation

Does God have the Number One place in our hearts? Just imagine a throne placed right in the center of your heart and God sitting on that throne!

We are to stay away from “anything” that “might” take Him off of that throne.

Because you and I are sinners we have a constant battle over who is going to sit on that throne!

Me, Myself, and I” always wants to climb up and take possession and take control!

Satan doesn't help either because he is always tempting and enticing us trying to get us to go after that “thing” so God will be pushed out of His special place in our hearts.

..

1 John 5
19 We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one.
** 1 John 5:19 is a reminder to me why this world is not going to get better and better – it is under the control of the evil one (Satan)!
..
Application

I will guard my heart. How about you?
Proverbs 4:23
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want You to have Your special place in my heart. I don't want to let anything bump You off or push You away from Your special place. Don't let me be in control of my life. I only mess things up. I yield the throne of my life, the throne of my heart to You. I want You to guide me today. Direct me. Help me please You in all that I do today. You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! You are worthy to be praised!

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 33,34; Psalms 74; 1 John 5




No comments: