Sunday, August 20, 2017

So We Are Christ's Ambassadors; God Is Making His Appeal Through Us. We Speak For Christ When We Plead, “Come Back To God!”

So We Are Christ's Ambassadors;
God Is Making His Appeal Through Us.
We Speak For Christ When We Plead, “Come Back To God!”
Scripture
2 Corinthians 5
14 For the love of Christ urges us on, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died.
17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him.
19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.
20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”
21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
Observation

My Mom and Dad never took us to church, not once that I can remember!

But my Granny and I used to walk to church when I was a little boy and I went to something at church called R.A.'s, Royal Ambassadors for Christ!

It was like the Boy Scouts only we also learn about Jesus. It must have been during that time in my young life that the seed of the Gospel was planted in my heart.

If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ then you are a “Royal Ambassador”

God makes His appeal to the entire world through us! He has given us the task of reconciling people to Him!

We speak for Christ!

He has no other plan for saving this world! We are it!
Application
I will share the Good News of Jesus Christ with everyone I can. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be a good Ambassador for You. I know that I am part of Your plan to save this world. What our country desperately needs is more people in love with You. I pray for revival and renewal in our churches. Let it start with me. Show me this week who needs to hear about Your love. Help me to be an ambassador for Christ to those around me.


Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 48,49; Psalms 67; 1 John 1; 2 Corinthians 5



No comments: