Monday, August 07, 2017

The Lord Directs The Steps Of The Godly. He Delights In Every Detail Of Their Lives.

The Lord Directs The Steps Of The Godly.
He Delights
In Every Detail Of Their Lives.
Scripture
Psalm 37
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you your heart’s desires.
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.

24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Observation

Who is a godly person?

Could that describe you? Could it describe me?

It can describe us if we will make the decision to put God first in our lives. It is a choice that you and I must make each and every single day!

We are never going to be perfect and we are never going to do everything right, but we can make the choice today to be godly!

Let's say “No” to sin and “Yes” to God so we can reap the benefits found in Psalm 37:4,23-24.

Application
I will put God first today. How about you?

Matthew 6;33
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, today is Monday. I want to start out this week putting You first. Help me to trust You with all of my heart. I want You to direct my path today. Show me what is important to You and show me what I should focus on. Don't let me waste time doing stuff that is not on Your heart.

I pray for those who are grieving today. Give them strength. I pray for those who are sick and those who are caring for loved ones who are sick. Show them Your power and Your love. May they sense Your presence today. Give them strength and courage to face this new week!

Daily Bible Reading: Zephaniah 1,2,3; John 9; Psalm 7, Psalm 37; Proverbs 7



No comments: