Saturday, August 05, 2017

My Grace Is All You Need.

My Grace
Is All
You Need.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 12
7...So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Observation

There are times in our lives when God does not answer our prayers, or at least God does not answer our prayers the way we would like for Him to answer.
The Apostle Paul was afflicted with some kind of disease and he begged for God to take it away, but God did not take it away. Instead, God let Paul know that God and God's grace was all that he needed.
Our extended family is going through a very difficult time right now. I think that we can identify with the Apostle Paul.
God is saying to all of us, “My grace is all you need.” 
God and His Grace is enough!
He will get us through this!
Application

I trust the God's Heart when I cannot see His hand in what is going on. His grace is enough for me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want You to know that I still believe that You are the Great Healer. I know that You can raise someone from the dead if You want to. There is nothing impossible or too hard for You to do.
But I also know that Your ways are not our ways. And I know that there is no way for us to understand everything that happens in life. I pray for our family as we go through this difficult time. I pray that everything that happens would bring our family closer together and closer to You. Your grace is all that we need.

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7; Psalm 5, Psalm 35; Proverbs 5 ; 2 Corinthians 12



No comments: