Monday, August 21, 2017

For The World Offers Only A Craving For Physical Pleasure, A Craving For Everything We See, And Pride In Our Achievements And Possessions.

For The World Offers Only A Craving For Physical Pleasure,
A Craving For Everything We See,
And Pride In Our Achievements And Possessions.
Scripture
1 John 2
15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.
16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions.
These are not from the Father, but are from this world.
17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
Observation

The Powerball Jackpot is now estimated at 650 Million dollars … “a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions”!
If you have already bought a ticket to win this jackpot I guarantee you that you probably have already said that you would give some of it away. Then you probably have a long list describing all the other ways that you would spend all of that money … am I right?
Friend, if we were to win it the only thing that it would bring to our lives would be anxiety and misery!
Have you seen or heard the stories about people who win lotteries? It is not pretty!
Save your dollar!
If I needed 650 million dollars my Heavenly Father would give it to me.
Obviously I don't need it!
Philippians 4:11
Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
1 Timothy 6:6
Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.
Matthew 6
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Application

I will remind myself today that my God will supply all of my needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus! How about you?

Philippians 4:19
19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know that my eyes cause me a lot of trouble. I see things that attract me and they get my attention. This causes me to be discontented with what I have, when everything that I have I know You have provided for me. Help me to keep my focus on You and not on the things of this world. Thank You for taking such good care of us. We are blessed!
Heavenly Father, show anyone that may be reading this blog that they can trust in You to take care of everyone of his or her needs.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 21,24,27; Psalms 118; 1 John 2




No comments: