Friday, August 18, 2017

I Won't Believe It Unless I See The Nail Wounds In His Hands, Put My Fingers Into Them, And Place My Hand Into The Wound In His Side.

I Won't Believe It Unless I See The Nail Wounds In His Hands,
Put My Fingers Into Them,
And Place My Hand Into The Wound In His Side.
Scripture
John 20
24 One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin), was not with the others when Jesus came. 25 They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”
26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said.
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”
28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.
29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”
Observation

When the disciples saw Jesus, after He came back to life, they went and told doubting Thomas that Jesus was alive but Thomas just couldn't believe it! He could not believe that Jesus actually came back to life after being dead and in a tomb for 3 days.

It was eight days later, eight days after Jesus had been seen by some of His disciples that Jesus made a believer out of Thomas. Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!

Are you trying to live your life without putting your faith in Jesus Christ?

If you are then I will echo the words of Jesus and say to you what Jesus said to Thomas, “Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!”

Life and the crazy world that we live in is never going to make sense until we are connected to the Creator of life – Jesus Christ!

John 20
31 But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name.
1 John 5
11 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.
13 I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.
Application

I will continue to share this Good News – that Jesus Saves, with everyone that I can. How about you? Do you believe?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, what our country desperately needs is Revival. If and only if we turn from our wicked ways and turn to You, will we be spared the coming judgment and destruction. No ideology of man will save us. I believe that our only hope is in You. You have said in Your word, “Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 26,35,36; John 20






No comments: