Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I See Very Clearly That God Shows No Favoritism.

I See
Very Clearly
That God Shows No Favoritism.
Scripture
Acts 10
1 In Caesarea there lived a Roman army officer named Cornelius, who was a captain of the Italian Regiment. 2 He was a devout, God-fearing man, as was everyone in his household.
3 One afternoon about three o’clock, he had a vision in which he saw an angel of God coming toward him. “Cornelius!” the angel said.

4 Cornelius stared at him in terror. “What is it, sir?” he asked the angel. And the angel replied, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have been received by God as an offering! 5 Now send some men to Joppa, and summon a man named Simon Peter. 6 He is staying with Simon, a tanner who lives near the seashore.”
9 The next day as Cornelius’s messengers were nearing the town, Peter went up on the flat roof to pray. It was about noon, 10 and he was hungry. But while a meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw the sky open, and something like a large sheet was let down by its four corners. 12 In the sheet were all sorts of animals, reptiles, and birds. 13 Then a voice said to him, “Get up, Peter; kill and eat them.”
14 “No, Lord,” Peter declared. “I have never eaten anything that our Jewish laws have declared impure and unclean.

15 But the voice spoke again: “Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean.” 16 The same vision was repeated three times. Then the sheet was suddenly pulled up to heaven.

34 Then Peter replied, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism.
35 In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right.
36 This is the message of Good News for the people of Israel—that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.
Observation
Peter was prejudice. He, like most Jewish people in his day thought that they were God's favorites. Peter had to learn that the message of Good News is for everyone!
There is peace with God through Jesus Christ for anyone and for everyone that places their faith and trust in Jesus Christ.
God got Peter's attention and Peter's heart was changed!
As prejudice and hate are boil over in our country this passage in Acts 10 is a good reminder to us what God thinks about it!
God is love! God shows no favoritism.
Application

I will try hard not to be prejudice. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is easy to hate and dislike. It is my old nature. I belong to the Lord Jesus Christ. Help me to walk and act like I am one of Your children. I pray for those who are leading our country. Give them the backbone to stand up against hate and prejudice. I pray for hearts to be changed. I pray healing in our country. May it start with me. Remove anything in my heart that is not pleasing to You. Show me each and every time that my attitude towards any person is not right.

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 24; Jeremiah 22; Psalms 112; John 18; Acts 10




No comments: