Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Seventy Years Are Given To Us! Some Even Live To Eighty.

Seventy Years Are Given To Us!
Some
Even Live To Eighty.
Scripture
Psalm 90
10 Seventy years are given to us!
Some even live to eighty.
But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
soon they disappear, and we fly away.
12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
so that we may grow in wisdom.
Observation
Life is short! 
This Psalm of Moses says that we are like the grass that springs up in the morning and is dry and withered by evening. 
I can identify with this Psalm! Yes, life is very short! 
As I watch the people being rescued in Houston and now being rescued in Beaumont it is a reminder to me that life is fragile and life is very short. 
You and I need to take advantage of “today”. 
The important things in life are not things at all, they are the people that surround us, not anything else! Lord, teach me to realize the brevity of my life …
Application
I will invest my life in the people around me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know very well that I am getting closer and closer to Heaven all the time. My time on this earth is getting shorter and shorter. Teach me to realize the brevity of my life, so that I may grow in wisdom. I pray for those caught in the path of Hurricane Harvey. I pray for their safety. I pray for the first responder's and all of those involved in the search and rescue effort. May those in the storm's path be drawn to a closer relationship with You. Show them that they can depend on You for help.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 8,9,10,11; Revelation 4; Psalm 30, Psalm 60, Psalm 90; Proverbs 30




No comments: